Our Partner creates next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. They work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the worlds roads. We are looking for a Value Engineer Manager to support our Partners team and who is passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering solutions for ADAS customer projects.
- Leading of interdisciplinary value engineering projects to optimize R&D costs and efforts, with special focus on software
- Creation of cost-efficient solutions for R&D and software development efforts based on analytically created calculations and functional analysis
- Leading cost discussions with product development, purchasing, external partners, customers, and suppliers based on deep technical understanding and defining negotiation approaches for implementing cost reduction initiatives
- Analysis and challenging of R&D and software requirements in terms of effort (sizing) in accordance to needed product maturity
- Validation of customer and supplier offers
- Identification of cost reduction potentials and support in the analysis of cost improvement solutions and market trends
- Strategic cost planning of R&D efforts to create overall cost transparency
- Establish dedicated know-how for cost-analytical evaluation of R&D and software development efforts.
- University degree in (business) informatics, computer science, general engineering or similar
- In-depth understanding of cost-drivers in the software development process, experience in working in large-scale software projects
- Experience in working in the field of value analysis, cost analysis
- In-depth knowledge of R&D and software cost calculation and effort estimation
- Profound professional experience in the areas of research and development, quotation, and effort estimation
- Very good presentation, moderation, and communication skills
- Negotiation experience with customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical thinking skills and structured way of working
- MS Office 365, industry standard calculation tools, SAP R/3
- Business fluent English skills (verbal and written).
- Background in large-scale (automotive) project management, planning and execution
- Software project management or software consulting experience
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
- Multiple years of work experience in the automotive industry.
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills, and language skills
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicles
- Ability to directly deliver software into real, innovative products