Our innovative game developer partner is looking for a new colleague, as a Senior Tools Programmer for its own team.
- Deliver high quality tools and editor features using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Support other teams in the use of the game editor and DCC tools. Improving their workflow and the velocity of the entire team.
- Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Collaborate on technical direction and develop innovative solutions for complex workflow problems.
- Mentor junior members of the programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Help educate and support other teams to correctly and efficiently use the game editor.
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Seek support from higher level management when required.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills. Experience with scripting languages like Python, Maxscript or Mel.
- Excellent practical understanding of game editors and workflows.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working across teams and mentoring staff.
- Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time & space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance).
- Able to understand and utilize multi-threading primitives & high-level networking concepts.
- Capable of reading and quickly understanding complex code.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to plan an entire sub-system including external dependencies with minimal input.
- Videogame programming experience building tools, including having shipped at least one AAA PC/console title.
- Bachelors degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
- Economically stable and growing enterprise
- Excellent working environment and atmosphere
- Competitive remuneration package