We are looking for an experienced Server Engineer.
The objective of the role to improve and maintain the performance, integrity, and security of databases of our client corporate HQ.
The Server Engineer is Responsible to maintain the Group IT Server services as per SLAs agreed with the IT DEMAND/CIO. He/her will provide, the necessary know-how to identify, implement and maintain the Group IT Server Infrastructure to their retirement as instructed by Server Lead Engineer
In the role you will perform the following tasks:
- Daily management of Dell Servers, NetApp Storages, NetBackup infrastructure, VMware virtualization, MS Azure Cloud resources, Patch management of Servers
- Coordinate the Server, Storage, Backup and Virtualization troubleshooting and problem determination of Major Incidents and associated tickets
- Supports capacity, performance and risk management strategies to ensure the appropriate levels of availability, stability and capability in Server systems as per the SLAs agreed with CIO/IT DEMAND
- Supports Servers Lead Engineer in managing Group IT Server services in line with SLAs agreed with CIO/IT DEMAND.
- Recommends and drives approved continuous improvement and optimization activities as aligned with Server Lead Engineer.
You will be also responsible for:
- Executing the necessary activities through of the lifecycle within Server technologies to meet the SLAs agreed with CIO/IT DEMAND.
- Continuous support of Group IT Server technologies to meet SLAs agreed with CIO/IT DEMAND.
- Acts as an escalation point for all L2 Server technologies related tickets and partners with peers and stakeholders to deliver continual improvement initiatives in IT Infrastructure area.
- Work with IT Supply peers to build strong professional relationships and ensure the effective delivery of the in-scope IT services.
- Supports Servers Lead Engineer to Identify risks impacting existing IT Solutions, prepare risk assessment and develop mitigation plans
- Execution of approved Group IT Server initiatives and Changes.
- Work on tickets assigned to the L2 Servers queue in ITSM as defined by the Server Lead Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience as Server Engineer in multinational company. Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Fluency in English language. Additional language knowledge an advantage.
- Microsoft MCSA, Azure or Amazon AWS training and/or certification or appropriate work experience in managing Compute/Storage/Backup technologies in complex environments.
- VMware training at least VCP level or equivalent work experience and knowledge
- Red Hat training at least RHCSA level or equivalent work experience and knowledge
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours – a relationship based on results and trust
- Hybrid work model with much flexibility to support work-life balance
- A dynamic environment and international team where new ideas and improvements are encouraged
- A competitive benefit pack and access to clients services