The role is for a key member of the Portfolio Modeling Analytics team in Budapest. FMG Portfolio Modeling Analytics team uses technology (Java/J2EE,) and provides stable, scalable platform with appropriate standards and procedures to support the diverse nature and demands of a wide range of investment teams and clients.
Background and Responsibilities:
- The mission of the team is to provide state of the art portfolio modeling analytics
- Help clients understand portfolio managers investment decisions and their impact on portfolio performance, thus make informed investment decisions
- Create integrated analytical solutions through collaboration with our partners
- The culture of the team is very open, agile, quantitative, and entrepreneurial.
- The candidate will work closely with others in the firm to build state of the art portfolio modeling analytics.
- BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance or similar area. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5+years of experience in Java development in a production environment and strong object-oriented skills.
- Experience with numerical libraries, distributed systems, high performance computing, Microsoft Azure is a big plus.
- Experience with software testing and ambition for providing high quality product.
- Solid knowledge of micro-service architectures, application operation and maintenance.
- Strong background in Mathematics statistics, probability, linear algebra & quantitative development.
- Experience with UNIX operating system and relational databases.
- Nice to have but not required knowledge of investment management process, portfolio performance analytics, P&L, attribution.
- Ability and willingness to learn fast, multi-task, self-motivate and pick up new things easily.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- We provide personal training budget for you to develop yourself and to learn new skills!
- The ideal candidate must have strong mathematical background, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in Java-based software development and design.
- For recent graduates or professionals with no prior financial industry experience, this position is a unique opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the asset management process in a world-class organization.
What we offer:
- Wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and flexible time off so you can relax, recharge
- Ability to work from home in hybrid solution
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota (to be discussed with the manager)
- Working Saturdays are given as a holiday
- Four weeks of paternity leave
- Two fully paid volunteering days
- Corporate events including family events