Our client is a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world.
- Provides Tier 2 support within the networking environment.
- Supports successful provisioning in installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. Also includes rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
- Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Evaluates a systems performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
- Works with team to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may assist with system design efforts.
- Works closely with Command Center and other groups on assignments, problems, etc.
- Develops and documents systems administration standard knowledge base articles.
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- 3 years of experience in related position
- Robust knowledge on LAN and WLAN technology domains
- Enterprise networking and security (Routing and Switching protocols,network architecture, connectivity options,networkmanagement, remote access, data security, standards and compliance, identity management, log management, etc)
- Basic understanding of firewalls, load balancers and proxy gateways
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently with a significant attention to detail
- Professional level of troubleshooting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, content development and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and be customer focused
- Good team player
- Work in two 8-hours shifts between 8.00AM and 6.00PM
- Familiarity with one or more ITSM platforms
- ITIL foundation knowledge