Our innovative game developer partner is looking for a new colleague, as a Gameplay System Programmer for its own team.
Gameplay Programmers are responsible for implementing functionality based on guidance and design provided by senior programmers. A gameplay programmer should have some understanding of best-practice and standard techniques in gameplay systems and will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
- Deliver high quality gameplay systems using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Support other teams in the use of gameplay systems.
- Identify and debug technical problems with some help for complex problems.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with oversight.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Request support from higher levels when required.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
- Awareness of networking concepts and able to use networking primitives with help.
- Capable of reading and understanding game code.
- Able to tune gameplay systems based on specific requests from the design team.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Bachelors degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
- Professional videogame programming experience on gameplay systems.
- Economically stable and growing enterprise
- Excellent working environment and atmosphere
- Competitive remuneration package