We are seeking Java developer to join the Research and Analytics team of exchanged traded products.
What makes our team special
- Working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
- You have the freedom to choose the tools and technologies. They use open source, industry standard, up-to date technologies
- You have the opportunity to learn about business domain besides technologies.
- You will be responsible for delivering projects end to end, including planning, architecting and coding
- You will take innovative and commercially relevant ideas, prototype rapidly, and commercialise them
- They deliver complete solutions because they consist of finance professionals, researchers, quants, computer scientists, data analytics engineers and UX designers.
- They solve data and analytically intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways.
- They work closely with colleagues across the globe (San Francisco, London, etc).
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- Desire to write high quality code
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Working command of SQL
- Strong interest in learning finance
- You value and embrace collaboration both within the team
- Interest in database design
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies
- Experience in clean code, code reviews and TDD
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Greenplum or similar databases
- Experience with any NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a LINUX environment (Shell)
- Working financial knowledge and/or previous experience in a financial company
- Experience in crafting REST APIs
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies, such like Docker and Kubernetes
What you get if you choose this opportunity
- Wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and flexible time off so you can relax, recharge
- Possibility of hybrid working (3 days office work per week)
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota
- Working Saturdays are given as a holiday
- Four weeks of paternity leave
- Two fully paid volunteering days with company organized volunteering opportunities