We are looking for Java Engineers to join our multinational clients.
Being a Java developer at our client means you get the best of both worlds working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions
You should be
- Keen to take ownership of your work, while enjoying the full support and assistance from the entire group.
- Always thinking about the big picture. As a server side developer, you enjoy thinking about user experience, business analysis, or database design.
- Curious about your profession. Keen to learn and keep up to date
- Striving to deliver business value and selecting the appropriate technology to match that objective.
- Seeking to deliver quality and attention to detail, be it design, coding, or code reviews.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in Java development
- Desire to write high quality code
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Working command of SQL
- Strong interest in learning finance
- Interest in database design
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies
- Experience in clean code, code reviews and TDD
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Greenplum or similar databases
- Experience with any NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a LINUX environment (Shell)
- Working financial knowledge and/or previous experience in a financial company
- Experience in crafting REST APIs
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies, such like Docker and Kubernetes
What we offer
- Wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and flexible time off so you can relax, recharge
- Possibility of hybrid working (2 days with office work)
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota (to be discussed with the manager)
- Working Saturdays are given as a holiday
- Four weeks of paternity leave
- Two fully paid volunteering days
- Company organized volunteering opportunities