Our client is the global IT service provider for a global insurance company and delivers IT solutions that drive the digitalization of the Company Group. With more than 10,000 employees located in 36 countries around the globe, they work together with other insurance entities in leading IT for the worldwide digitalization of the Company.
They are now hiring a Java Backend Developer, with German knowledge.
- Our Clients main product is the motor insurance business logic which manages all changes with regards to various motor insurance products. Due to the essential role and complexity of the business logic they work with test driven development. As a result, testcases and refining and fixing/debugging tests are a big part of your future job. You will be working in a heavily implementation focused team with more than 30 colleagues and a very active community.
- Your tasks will include
- -Gathering, analyzing and checking of functional and technical requirements
- -Implementation of requirements in given technical design
- -Software development in agile teams and input to methods of software engineering
- -Develop, maintain, optimize, and service software or application components
- -Ensure maintainability of developed software
- -Consideration of aspects Performance, data security , IT security and ergonomics/usability in as part of software development
- -Ensure operational stability of software
- -Collaboration with business experts/analysts and designers.
- Fluent in written and spoken German (working language) and English.
- Completed studies in (business) computer science (BA) or comparable qualifications and working experience
- Proven experience in Java backend projects
- Working experience in the area of object-oriented application development
- Working experience with common development environments, test methods and software engineering tools (Eclipse, JUnit, Jira, etc.)
- Advanced SQL & XML knowledge
- Understanding of test management processes
- Java Rich Client Programming (Java in Backend)
- Spring & SpringBoot
- GIT / SVN
- Adapter pattern
- Hybernate ORM
- SQL-Developer & relational Databases
- Confluence & Jira
What they offer
- Long term, stable position
- Excellent carrier perspective
- Liberal amount of Home Office (4 days / week)
- Private health insurance
- Multinational environment
- Participation in a major strategic project in the life of a global insurance company