Were looking for an experienced software architect to join the automotive infotainment system (head-unit) HMI development project for one of largest European car manufacturer.
Infotainment system is an embedded device that implements digital instrument cluster, central touchscreen, heads-up display (HUD) etc.
The software architect will take full responsibility of the HMI component architecture for this project. This includes development and maintenance of the HMI layer applications architecture across all system domains analysis of the incoming requirements, features, system architecture and creation/preparation of the HMI component architecture solutions, sketches, HLD/LLD documentation, as well as handling identified weaknesses.
HMI software architect might as well be invited to participate in HMI competence development activities as HMI SME, such as doing research of competitive products and solutions related to HMI development, doing prototyping and PoCs, writing white papers and attending technical conferences on the matter.
- Act as HMI SME in HMI component overall and be technically responsible of the architecture solution for HMI component
- Participate in architectural discussions with system architects, requirements discussions with Feature and Product Owners, and customers
- Be a SPOC for HMI engineers regarding the architecture solutions, its details, corner cases, guide team to a proper and robust implementation.
- Participate in estimating the efforts for CRs/features/tasks in the dedicated HMI product area
- Maintain HMI architectural defects backlog
- Develop and maintain HMI architectural documentation HLDs, LLDs, sketches, diagrams, etc.
- Provide support and guidance to development team regarding implementation of designed solutions
- Participate in code reviews of the developed solutions where appropriate
- You could be also asked to participate in
- 3-5 years experience at Software Architect position
- 3-5 years experience as senior or principal developer positions with C++
- Solid knowledge of software architecture design patterns, UML
- Experience of development/architecture of HMI (UI) or C++/Qt applications.
- English at B2/C1 level
- Possess necessary soft-skills for being one of key team players
- Higher technical education (BSc, Master degree) in the field of computer science, mathematics, etc
Nice to have:
- Experience as Lead/Chief Software Architect
- Experience in Enterprise Architect tool
- Linux stack/graphics stack/Wayland knowledge
What We offer:
- Annual bonus
- Access to employee discounts on world-class client products
- Flexible working from home schedule
- Relocation support as in our policies
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Professional development opportunities through business and leadership academies
- Be Brilliant employee recognition and rewards program