We are looking for a freelancer DevOps Engineer, with the experience and desire to create seamless, automated monitoring solution. Who will be responsible for developing, packaging and delivery of application monitoring automation solution suite, using both open source software and Saas software.
- Developing and maintaining the technology and processes around monitoring deployments and containers.
- Understand concepts from base infrastructure, service level architecture, to all of the technologies needed to enable various services to intercommunicate in a scalable and reliable fashion.
- You will be working closely with US and Budapest based team.
- Expect to heavily use a mix of Open Source and proprietary software to take on challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, customization and development of application and network monitoring software to monitor Itron or customer infrastructure, application and IoT devices.
- Package, deliver and test airgap solution of the monitoring solution to customer.
- You will assist on supporting all significant production issues.
- Activities may include gathering information from a wide variety of sources across all platforms to analyze for correlations, identifying specific performance causes, recommending a variety of possible solutions to remedy issue with key findings and next steps.
- 3+ years experience with Python web framework using Django
- 3+ years experience with containers using docker, knowledge of Terraform is a plus
- Experience with open-source relational database MySQL/MariaDB
- Demonstrate experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana and agents such Filebeat and Logstach o Good Understanding of ELK architecture/design & configuration
- A very good understanding of concepts like data tokenisation, aggregation, filtering, parsing and alerting using Logstash
- Understanding of Logstash plugins / able to implement custom plugins is a plus.
- Experience with visualization or creation of dashboards using Kibanas Histograms ,Barcharts, LineCharts, Pie Diagrams
- Proactively use the Kibana real time search -Using KQL is a plus
- Understand and implement the Log shipping agents like Fluentd, Filebeat, beats etc.
- Understanding of Nagios monitoring architecture, including NRPE agent
- Experience with Nagios or Checkmk is desirable
- Comfortable and has experience working in a Linux environment (RedHat / Centos preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate complex ideas into distilled information to non-techical people.
- Ability to accurately estimate work in an agile environment
- Commitment to provide quality completed deliverables with well-factored, maintainable code
- Experience with git