We are looking for a Finance Application Support Specialist to our multinational clients Finance Operations Support team.
You will be responsible for the implementation of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and allocation-based solutions, as well as analytical and reporting applications. This role requires understanding business needs, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into solutions for decision making and streamlined processes.
- Identifying business requirements and managing the implementation and subsequent maintenance of platforms and processes designed to address those requirements.
- Ensuring concepts become reality in support of both new business initiatives and ongoing business process enhancement.
- Managing projects that drive Finance objectives forward through initiatives that can have either regional or global focus
- Coordinating project team activity
- Supporting effective and timely communication among project team members and subject matter experts from across the firm
- Drafting clear and comprehensive business requirements and project management documentation
- Designing sound processes and workflow models
- Partnering with internal or third party resources to drive design specification sign-off, oversee technical development progress and coordinate quality unit testing,
- Providing ongoing project updates to all relevant stakeholders, facilitating user training services and, ensuring timely delivery of effective, well designed solutions.
- Providing level one support for Finance operational platforms and as required, will assess/trouble-shoot and identify actionable opportunities to address complex issues related to the suite of technology solutions Finance employs including Oracle R12 e-Business Suite Financials (R12), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), IBM Cognos Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos Analytics and their proprietary platform.
- The implementation of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and allocation-based solutions, as well as analytical and reporting applications.
- Understanding business needs, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into solutions for decision making and streamlined processes.
- Supporting the buildout, testing, code migration and maintenance of the Cognos (IBM Planning Analytics / Cognos Analytics) Financial Management Platform.
- Provide day to day user support for our IBM Planning Analytics (f.k.a. TM1) application.
- Drive IBM Planning Analytics
- Strong technical skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (advanced/expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint), and exposure to programming languages ((such as Visual Basic, Python, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) and OLAP technology are beneficial
- Cognos TM1 / Planning Analytics development skills preferred
- Developer/power user experience with one or more of the following reporting/analytical tools preferred Cognos Analytics, Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Analytics
- Background in Finance, IT, or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is beneficial.
- Experience with automation tools (Blue Prism, Flexicapture, Abby, Unqorked, etc.) a plus
- Strategic, creative thinker solutions and service oriented
- Self-starter able to drive positive progress proactively with limited manager direction
- Focused attention to detail high standards for quality and accuracy in work product
- Strong work ethic and accountability owner
- Professional, positive, collegial demeanor collaborative relationship builder
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management and able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment
What we offer:
- Continuous professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and flexible time off so you can relax, recharge
- Ability to work from home in 50%
- Bicycle storage, shower, discounted garage space for car owners
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota (to be discussed with the manager)
- Working Saturdays are given as a holiday
- Four weeks of paternity leave
- Two fully paid volunteering days (company organized volunteering opportunities)
- Corporate events including family events