Az álláshirdetés lejárt.
We are looking for Senior Lead Engineer/Budapest Hub Leader to our client who is one of the worlds leading online travel brands.
Our client is on an exciting journey to double its engineering team to deliver on its ambitious mission. They have a whole host of exciting plans for the next few years to reshape the face of travel and disrupt the travel industry.
So they are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organisation, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
- Technical/ product leadership
- Help your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design and code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers
- Collaborate with Architecture to define the technical strategy for your modules and ensure their optimal performance
- Promote our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
- Work with Product and Business to shape the strategy and evolution of the product within your domain (Check-out), while identifying new business opportunities and product ideas identifying bottlenecks and preventing risks.
- People leadership & Team management
- Manage performance, set goals and prioritise work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team in the most effective way possible and improving team dynamics
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
- Hub leadership
- Lead talent attraction, engagement and retention initiatives for your team and your hub
- Raise awareness of the eDO brand in your location through conferences and events
- Onboard the new joiners into the eDO culture of high performance, collaboration and growth
- Establish a sense of identity and belonging among the eDoers in your hub
- Act as a technical and general mentor, helping hub members develop their skills and professional career
- Look after the general welfare, engagement and practical support of eDoers in the hub
- Travel regularly to Barcelona for leadership meetings and special events
- We are looking for an experienced leader, with at 7 years experience in software development (Java), who has led or even built teams before.
- In addition, the key skills we are looking for
- Take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to live and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding in Java 11, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- Java 11 and code base knowledge
- Experience with optimising ecommerce platforms
- Risk and project management
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What we offer:
- We support a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy – its up to each team to decide what works for them
- 6-months all expenses paid trip to Barcelona for the first part of your contract to onboard into our ways of working and develop yourself as a leader
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You are allowed to choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills trainings, external events, industry conferences