Our innovative game developer partner is looking for a new colleague, as a Engine Programmer for its own team.
- Deliver high quality and high-performance game engine sub-system features using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures and algorithms.
- Support other teams in the use of the engine and work closely with other teams to deliver features at the expected quality & performance.
- Identify and debug technical problems with some help for complex problems.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with oversight.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Request support from higher levels when required.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Professional videogame programming experience on at least 1 sub system of a game engine.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
- Capable of reading and understanding game code.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Bachelors degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
- Economically stable and growing enterprise
- Excellent working environment and atmosphere
- Competitive remuneration package