Medior/senior C++ Developers! Our partner is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare markets. They continue to help define global training standards with their innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defense force readiness and enhance patient safety. We are looking for associates to join their Budapest team in the positions below.
- Strong C++ knowledge is required
- Understanding of CI concepts, cmake, experience with GIT/GitHub or other VCS
- English language skill, both oral and written
- No criminal record (eligibility for security certificate is a must)
- Willing to enhance working environment in all level, from team communication to tooling
- Some experience with shell scripting or any script language
- Experience with Qt framework is welcome
Technology we use
- We use C++ (C++14) and Qt 5 framework. Integration tests are written in python, the server application is native. Legacy parts are written in C and C++03, but new features are always written in C++14.
- Most libraries and codebase are maintained by our team. It means you can find your interest easily in the code base (front-end, back-end, databases and networking as well).
- We are using a dedicated version of OpenSUSE/SUSE Enterprise, but besides this, we do not have restrictions which tool we are using. Hardcore folks prefer vi, others use Eclipse, QtCreator, VSCode, etc.
- We are using GIT/GitHub for VCS, Jenkins for CI, HanSoft for issue tracking
How we work
- A developer may have only one task open at a time
- Bugfix tasks have priority over features
- Usually we work in 3 weeks long sprints
- Many of us are working in Home Office, still we maintain good communication and provide support to each other
- Most of our projects are half or full year long, sometimes 2-3 are running simultaneously
- Time-critical code required for the simulation modules
- We have flexible working hours (overtime is rare and its always compensated)
- The codebase is over 20 years old and contains legacy C and C++ code written according to now outdated paradigms. Modernization of these modules are most welcome and encouraged.
- We are working in international teams consisting of German and Hungarian members (common language is English).
- Very exciting projects
- Really good team and working environment
- Career opportunity
- International background