Software Developer in Test for MaltaTesztelő Málta Jelentkezem az állásajánlatra
Megjelenés dátuma: 2017 december 14, csütörtök Azonosító: 1667
Are you a Software Developer specialized in testing? We have the job for you! The role calls for a person who is passionate about software testing. It entails the planning, design, development, maintenance and execution of software testing plans for a wide range of in-house developed and outsourced applications.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of testing objectives and provide realistic testing cycle estimates.
- Learn and keep abreast with the evolving functionality of systems to be tested so as to be in the best position to design corresponding test plans.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to address business and technical use cases whilst meeting established quality gates and release requirements.
- Suitably select, create and maintain test data required for testing.
- Diagnose test failures identified, pin point source of problem (be it a defect of the application being tested, a configuration or environment issue, a problem with the test script, an issue with test data quality or some other matter), log such failures and track them from discovery through to resolution.
- Record and document results and compare them to expected outcomes.
- Ensure that test cases and test automation scripts used for regression testing of designated applications are kept continuously up to date based on application changes or defects discovered.
- Maintain and report upon suitable software testing KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and any other standards set by the company.
- Partner with development team to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Work closely with QA and development teams to help select test tools, design test infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Keep oneself up-to-date on automated testing technology, popular testing tools and the relevant technical and business domains.
- Support the QA team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field as a software developer or tester, ideally with practice in the latter capacity.
- Good programming skills in Java, C# and/or other industry leading programming languages.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Experience working in different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle as well as test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems & Integration, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity) and when to apply them.
- Able to perform all type of testing, including security, performance and usability testing.
- Hands on knowledge of automated test frameworks, preferably JUnit, Ranorex and SoapUI.
- Experience using applications and tools supporting source control and continuous integration, preferably Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Knowledge of other software testing tools in the industry, such as Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Sikuli, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, and ability to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Place of work: Malta
- Duration: long-term
- Work permit: valid EU work permit is a must
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation and housing support