DevOps Engineer (Data Warehouse) (m/f)Rendszermérnők Málta Jelentkezem az állásajánlatra
Megjelenés dátuma: 2017 december 5, kedd Azonosító: 1651
Our client offers online gaming products to customers and partners all over the world and aim to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. They are a dynamic and growing company with around 1780 passionate people of 40 different nationalities. Most of them work in the operational Head Office in Malta but they also have other offices around the world, for example in Stockholm, Tbilisi and Tallinn.
- We have an excellent opportunity for a Data Warehouse DevOps Engineer to join the Digital, Data Intelligence and Engineering team in our Malta office.
- The team is transforming the way we engage customers through new technology, provides Data Science and Reporting products, builds traditional and emerging data platforms, tackles complex data quality challenges, operates our Data Warehouse system and supports Big Data environment, and cultivates our Data-led culture.
- You will be working in an agile team of DevOps engineers focused on uptime and efficiency of the Data Warehouse Platform, pushing the limits and striving for uptime and efficiency.
- Monitor and investigate workflows while taking initiative in finding solutions to improve existing systems and services
- Proactively handle incidents and ensure solutions are applied in a timely manner
- Manage a Tier model ticket escalation process and perform on-call duties
- Work with cross-functional development teams to roll out new software releases
- Design, scale and automate processes to enable teams to deploy, configure, scale and monitor applications
- Design, build and enhance internal tools and work towards removing "human intervention" from day-to-day operations
- Actively participate in development and operational activities, evaluations of new technologies and services
- Recognise data quality issues in both batch and real-time data pipelines
- Perform activities such as upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Minimum of a B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience using Microsoft technology stack (SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, .NET) to solve large-scale problems
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing principles and ETL concepts
- Solid experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and improving batch and real-time data processing using SSIS or NiFi
- Eager to learn and ability to self-learn new technologies
- You display initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
What the company offers
- We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
- If you would be interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org